Many homes, especially in the Asian regions appreciate the presence of a rice cooker. Through a rice cooker, one can just simply place in the right amount of water and rice and then maybe – push a button or flip a switch to begin cooking. This allows the person in the kitchen to not only cook rice but also to work on the meals that will accompany the rice.
One of the most well-known Rice Cooker brands these days is Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB which offers plenty of excellent quality rice cookers in the market.
In this article, we’ll cover another one of their most cutting-edge or high-tech rice cooker models, the NP-NWC10XB which has the option of functioning as a pressure cooker. We’ll get to dissect its many features that makes it stand out in the market, what the consumers can say about it and how to keep it up and running so it can serve you well for a long time. Let’s proceed, shall we?
Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Key Features:
1. Pressurized cooking and steaming
- Through the use of pressurized cooking and steaming, the rice cooker promotes the creation of stickier and more plump rice. The rice cooker can automatically select from three different pressure levels according to the menu. In addition to that, it utilizes another set of four pressure settings in order to come up with the most ideal rice texture and to burn off any excess moisture that could impact rice quality.
2. Lots of cooking menu settings
- With a variety of cooking settings such as white, umami, sushi/sweet, mixed and many more. One can make great use of the NP-NWC10XB to come up with delectable rice dishes and delicacies. For those who are health-conscious, it has the GABA brown and brown rice options to entertain those types of rice grains.
3. Advanced Fuzzy Logic Technology with a self-learning AI
- A recurring feature among the cutting-edge Zojirushi rice cookers is their use of the Advanced Fuzzy Logic Technology with a self-learning AI. The rice cooker tries to memorize and learn your cooking habits through the options that you select. Over time, once the NP-NWC10XB learns your cooking habits, it can automatically set those options for you or select the closest optimal settings so that your rice will come out exactly how you wanted it.
4. Additional accessories and components
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes in with some additional accessories for use. In the case of the NP-NWC10XB, the extra accessories and components come in the form of the following:
- Plastic Rice Spatula (for serving the rice)
- Spatula Holder
- 2 measuring cups (these measuring cups utilize a Japanese standard for measuring rice which is slightly smaller than a US-standard single cup of rice)
5. Non-Stick Cooking Pot
- Another recurring feature among Zojirushi rice cookers is their utilization of a non-stick cooking pot. This makes the cooking pot easy to maintain and clean. You can bid the problem of rice getting stuck in the pot goodbye by just washing and rinsing it well.
6. Two sizes (5.5 cups/1.0 liter and 10 cups / 1.8 liters)
- The Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Rice Cooker is available in two sizes, the largest of the two variants is a 10-cups / 1.8 liters version that’s best suited for larger homes and a smaller variant that is a 5.5-cups / 1.0 liter version that shines better in small to medium homes. Appearance-wise, it is available in a grayish-black color.
Now that we’ve covered the key features of the Zojirushi NP-NWC10X Pressure-Induction Heating Rice Cooker and Warmer, let us proceed to what the owners have a say about this rice cooker model in the Pros and Cons section.
Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the Zojirushi NP-NWC10X’s strong points and weak points.
- Smart cooking mechanics – Thanks to the Fuzzy Logic Technology and self-learning AI, the NP-NWC10X is capable of learning the user’s cooking habits and patterns and come up with the ideal settings to “refine” it and give out the rice quality that the user is looking for. On top of that, it reduces the hassle of coming up with the ideal cooking settings – feel free to experiment and find the right cooking habits and patterns and stick with it so that the machine can make good use of it.
- Lots of cooking options – The diversity of cooking options allows the user to prepare a variety of rice dishes not limited to just cups of rice, but also sushi, congee, porridge and many more. As said earlier, for those who are health-conscious, the NP-NWC10X offers brown rice cooking options to entertain the healthy rice variants.
- Great rice quality – The pressure-induction cooking promotes gelatinization resulting in fluffier and stickier rice. Many reviews state that the rice quality that the NP-NWC10X is PERFECT, as in almost comparable to that of rice served in high-end restaurants which is something that gives conventional rice cookers a run for their money.
- Easy to use – While the rice cooker has a lot of high-tech features and functions, you won’t need to worry about getting lost in making them work as they are easy to use or operate. All it takes is a push of a button. If you’re having doubts about using them, you can refer to the user manual that it comes in with to give you some clarity.
- Easy to maintain – Another recurring feature for the cutting-edge Zojirushi rice cookers is that they are easy to clean and maintain despite their complicated and high-tech look.
- Expensive – The Zojirushi NP-NWC10X is one hefty investment if one is interested in buying the rice cooker. The NP-NWC10X averages around the $500 bracket so be ready to shell out a huge amount of money whenever you are planning to avail one.
- Not made for long-grained rice – It seems that this is a recurring drawback among the cutting-edge Zojirushi rice cookers, while the NP-NWC10X can flawlessly work with short to medium grained rice, getting to make it work with long-grained rice will take a lot of work and experimentation.
With the pros and cons already covered, we shall now proceed on how to properly care for the Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Rice Cooker in the Maintenance section.
Maintenance for Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB
Taking care of the Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB is easy. Maintenance needs to be done whenever the rice cooker isn’t in use and that is to ensure that the rice cooker can serve you well for a long period of time. Here are the steps on how to take care of the NP-NWC10XB.
- Clean the cooking pot with a combination of warm water and dishwashing soap. Wash and rinse until thoroughly cleaned.
- The inner lid can be detached, do the same as you did with the cooking pot – wash and rinse until it is thoroughly cleaned.
- While the cooking pot is left to dry out after washing and rinsing, clean the heating element with a damp cloth. Look for small splashes of water and leftover rice, remove them with the damp cloth. This is to ensure that the rice cooker will be capable of evenly distributing heat throughout the cooking pot.
- When serving rice, do not use metal spatulas or serving spoons as they will scratch and scrape the non-stick lining – reducing its effectiveness in the long run. What you will use is the Plastic Spatula that the rice cooker comes in with as it won’t scratch the non-stick lining.
- Check the gasket from time to time, if it’s starting to show signs of discoloration – contact customer support to purchase a replacement.
Following these simple steps will ensure that the Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB is less likely to be replaced by another rice cooker and will continue to provide you with delicious restaurant-quality rice for years to come.
The Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB is a workhouse of a rice cooker that’s worth considering to add into the home kitchen. With a variety of cooking settings and features and a self-learning AI – this rice cooker isn’t just capable of being flexible in the variety of rice dishes and delicacies it can handle. It also learns from its users wherein it can adjust to their desired settings and configurations so it can provide the rice that meets its owner’s criteria.
Speaking of criteria, the outcome of the rice that it cooks can rival that of those served in fancier restaurants. You can now enjoy restaurant-quality rice bowls at the comfort of your own home with the NP-NWC10XB.
The NP-NWC10XB while excellent does have a couple of flaws – first off is that it is a hefty investment due to its expensive price tag and second is that it will take some work before you can make the rice cooker work with long-grained rice as the NP-NWC10XB is meant for short to medium-grained rice only.
Overall, while it means shelling out a huge amount of money to avail one – the NP-NWC10XB is worth every dollar and penny invested as it combines ease of use and flexibility. It’s no wonder why many buyers have become happy at what this rice cooker is capable of doing at their home kitchen.