What is the Best Handheld Vacuum for Stairs for 2020
Handheld vacuum for stairs help you keep your stairs clean and tidy. This is the most convenient way of cleaning your stairs even if it is covered with carpet. Though you can clean the stairs with your regular vacuum cleaner, with a handheld vacuum for stairs you can clean it effortlessly.
There are many handheld vacuum cleaners available for cleaning stairs. You may be confused while selecting the best handheld vacuum for stairs. You have to do your research to buy the best handheld vacuum for stairs so that you get the best vacuum cleaner at affordable prices. There are many models of handheld vacuum for stairs and use this guide to help you find the best one for your home.
These are the Best handheld Vacuums for Stairs You Can Buy in 2020:
[earnist ref=”Shark-Rocket-Ultra-Light-Hand-Vacuum” id=”2395″]
This is a handheld Mini motorized hand vacuum specifically made for cleaning carpeted stairs. This is ultra-lightweight and comes with a comfortable handle and is in the right shape for handheld cleaning. It can give you a deep cleaning of your stairs with its high power Truepet motorized brush attachment.
The dust cup is designed for easy emptying and comes with a 15 foot power cord so that you can take this handheld vacuum for stairs to the whole of the flight of stairs without you having to change the power outlet during the cleaning process.
It comes with high suction power and is ideal for cleaning all surfaces, interiors of your cars and the complete stair areas. The crevice tool, the dusting brush, a stretch hose, and the truepet motorized bush add to Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac’s (HV292) utility value.
The Good and The Bad of the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light:
- It is lightweight just weighing 3.7 pounds
- As it is connected to the mains supply it has a uniform and powerful suction
- Well designed handheld vacuum for stairs and easy to change attachments
- Cleans well with its rotating brush that helps in getting a deep clean
- The easy to empty dust cup makes the usage easy
- Comes with easy to follow simple cleaning instructions making user-friendly
- With its 15 feet long cord it is long enough to complete entire staircase
- It does not have storage/carrying caddy for easy storage of accessories
- No automatic cord winding and hence you have to do it manually.
[earnist ref=”MOOSOO-Cordless-Vacuum-Powerful-Suction” id=”2401″]
This is a good handheld vacuum for stairs of the stick type and comes with a powerful suction with a 4 in 1 function. This is a more ideal way of cleaning your Hard floor, carpeted stairs and other carpeted areas.
This is light in weight and comes with a powerful Li-Ion battery for ease of use anywhere in the house without searching for a mains power outlet. It comes with a super long-lasting battery that can run for 20 to 35 mins and gives very powerful suction.
The High-efficiency Cyclone + HEPA filtration system can clean your home and takes even microscopic specks of dust of up to 0.3 microns. No cords to mess up your cleaning, and the convenient double mode helps in optimum use of the battery power. Comes with useful attachments like
- Motorized floor brush
- 2 in 1 dusting brush
- Light aluminum alloy tube
- AC power adapter
- 2200mAh battery
- Wall bracket for easy wall-mounted storage
- Mini cleaning brush
- Comes with a full 24 months product warranty
The Good and The Bad of the MOOS0 Cordless Vacuum
- It is lightweight
- The swivel head makes it easy to clean all the areas
- The light on the head helps you see all the dirt you’re about to clean up
- Wall mounting keeps it standing up while it charges.
- IT’S CORDLESS and it works on carpet, wood floors, AND tile.
- The battery can be charged separately
- It Features two speeds
- Not much and everything seems to be very fine with this handheld vacuum for stairs
[earnist ref=”Dyson-Cyclone-V10-Animal-Lightweight-Cordless-Stick-Vacuum” id=”2403″]
This is one of the best handheld vacuum for stairs coming in a stick vacuum cleaner configuration with cordless comfort. It runs up to 60 minutes and is very lightweight and is a versatile machine to clean every area of your home. The Dyson digital motor V10 gives the best sucking power to pick up ground-in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
It can be easily transformed into a handheld vacuum for easy cleaning around your home and car. It is easy to store with its vertical wall- mounted Drop-inn docking.
The Good and The Bad of the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal
- Cordless for easy and comfortable use
- 60 mins battery life
- Strong and versatile digital motor
- Three power modes for long battery usage
- Very costly at around $400
- Battery life is not as expected
- Needs more maintenance
- The trash removal is messy and difficult
- Not sturdy in construction.
[earnist ref=”Shark-Rocket-Ultra-Light-Corded-Bagless-Vacuum” id=”2405″]
This handheld vacuum for stairs is one of the lightweight cleaners just weighing below 8 pounds and it is versatile in action as it can be used for ceiling and floor cleaning also. This is capable of cleaning the tiniest of spaces in your car and home.
Easy to use with fingertip controls and easy to clean both hard floor or carpeted areas. Easy to store with dual storage options, and comes with swivel steering for easy maneuvering around furniture and other items during cleaning.
The Good & The Bad of the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light
- High suction power hence greater cleaning efficiency
- Lengthy chord for faster and convenient continuous cleaning
- Easy to set upMore attachments for effective cleaning of all surfaces
- Quiet in operation
- Easy portability for effortless cleaning
- Small footprint and hence less moving of things during cleaning
- Comes with a small dust container hence frequent cleaning necessary
- The entire weight of the machine is designed to lie on the handle hence difficult to use for longer periods
- Blowing hot air on your hands it is just annoying
[earnist ref=”NOVETE-Handheld-Vacuum-Cleaner” id=”2406″]
This handheld vacuum for stairs is very versatile in operation and comes with strong suction and constructed with premium coating for a long life. The cyclone technology used in this hand held vacuum cleaner gives a high suction power of 7.5 kPa and can be used for high-quality cleaning of carpeted floors, stairs, sofa, corners, etc.
The handle is specially formulated for comfort and the detachable battery gives 30 minutes of running time between charges. This offers complete cleaning for the entire home and your car with its three attachments. Very lightweight at just 2 pounds gives one-handed operation and is designed to remove the strain of your wrist during cleaning.
The Good & The Bad of the NOVETE Handheld Vacuum
- Very lightweight
- Long-running time for more cleaning per charge
- Removable 4 cells 2200 mAH battery with long life
- More sucking power of 7.5 kPa for efficient cleaning
- High power motor with 14.8 V DC motor
- One-hand operation with LED indicators
- Very lightweight and hence cleaning the carpets needs more pressure on your hands
- Gives a moderate running time of 30 mins for every 4 to 5 hours of charging time
[earnist ref=”BISSELL-Pet-Hair-Eraser-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Hand-Vacuum” id=”2408″]
This is one of the best handheld vacuum for stairs and your pets as this clean your carpeted stairs and other narrow areas and remove the embedded dust with the motorized brush tool. The lithium-ion battery gives 14Volts and gives the vacuum cleaner with a dust capacity of 0.7 liters.
This large capacity dust bag can offer longer cleaning time and the triple-level filtration helps in the cleaning efficiency of the cleaner.
The motorized brush tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool add to your convenience while cleaning. This is especially good for removing embedded dirt and pet hairs.
The Good & The Bad of the BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser
- Easy to empty dust bin gives more safety and comfort while cleaning
- Long battery life gives more cleaning time
- Less weight means more cleaning efficiency and comfort in use
- Clumsy at times and you cannot clean the spilled liquids
- Should not use for cleaning of combustible substances
- You cannot replace the paper filter only, and you need to get the whole assembly changed at a higher cost.
[earnist ref=”Shar-WV201-WANDVAC-Handheld-Vacuum” id=”2409″]
This handheld vacuum for the stairs comes with a big dust bag of 0.08 quarts and the brushless motor used in this machine performs well by giving high speed, brushless motor. This cleaner is ultra-light for comfortable use and comes with a tapered nozzle for easy sweeping and complete sucking of even large-sized debris.
The duster crevice tool, the multi-surface tool is good for cleaning all surfaces including the upholstery, carpets and pet hair. This also offers ION charging with compact accessories storage and is good for fast charging.
The Good & The Bad of the Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum
- High-Efficiency Brushless Motor for more suction power
- Ultra-Lightweight at just 1.4 pounds for heightened balance and control
- Charging Dock for quick access, fast charging, and onboard accessory storage
- Easy Maintenance, Versatile Cleaning
- One-Touch easy Debris Emptying
- Duster Crevice Tool for cleaning of tight spaces in cars, corners, and crevices
- Little costly when compared to similar products on the market
- Noisier in operation
- The brush attachment included is very thin
[earnist ref=”Dyson-V11-Torque-Drive-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner” id=”2411″]
This best handheld vacuum for stairs and pet hairs is one of the hot products in this range and helps in easy cleaning of even hard to clean surfaces with twice the suction power of any other similar vacuum cleaners. This is a cord-free vacuum cleaner and it can automatically detect the nature of the cleaning surface and adjusts its cleaning mode.
This is occupying one of the higher places among the handheld vacuum for stairs and offers more than twice the suction of any cord-free vacuum. This is a high torque vacuum cleaner and is set to adapt to different types of floors automatically.
The LCD screen is very handy in informing all the vital parameters of the cleaner while in operation. This handheld vacuum works with 14 cyclones generated sucking force of 79,000g and cleans even the microscopic dust for spotless and healthy cleaning.
The LCD screen shows the run time and performance level so that you can easily switch between the Eco, Auto and Boost modes. This captures 99.97% of microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns thus giving very clean surfaces.
You get about 60 minutes of floor cleaning and it can be easily transformed into a handheld cleaner and can easily reach even under low furniture. The cleaner comes with a convenient docking station . the torque drive head, mini motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger add to its efficiency and comfort.
The Good & The Bad of the Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless
- The LCD screen intelligently reports current performance, including selected power mode, remaining run time, etc
- Shows remaining run time by showing how much battery power is left in each mode
- Maintenance alerts to clean filters for optimum performance and informs you of any blockages
- Dyson DLS system automatically changes the motor speed between carpets and hard floors for powerful cleaning.
- Intelligent cleaning modes to adjust suction power controlled across three settings – Eco mode, auto mode, and boost modes
- Unique lighter battery power system with powerful 7-cell lithium-ion batteries
- Noisy during operation
- Gives less running time when compared to the charging time
- High price range
- Low dust bag capacity
[earnist ref=”Tineco-A10-Hero-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner” id=”2414″]
This handheld vacuum for stairs is one of the fast-selling items among the handheld vacuum cleaners and offers powerful suction power with its Tineco A10 350W brushless motor. The 2000mAh detachable battery gives up to 25 mins of cleaning time.
This cordless and lightweight vacuum cleaner can satisfy multi-purpose cleaning requirements and comes with all the floor- to ceiling accessories.
The high torque multi-task brush provides 2.5×power and 80% higher deep clean performance. The Fully-sealed Filtration System employs a 4 stage cleaning system and has an easy to the empty dustbin and has many accessories to take care of each one of your cleaning needs.
The Good & The Bad of the Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum
- 350W Brushless Motor gives powerful suction up to 110W
- Max suction is 4 times than an ordinary DC motor cordless vacuum cleaner
- Extreme Deep Cleaning Performance through the Full-size High Torque Power Brush
- 80% higher deep clean performance than ordinary cordless vacuum
- ,Detachable Battery Pack with 25 mins cleaning time
- 70dB(A) ultra-quiet operation
- Higher price range
Thus, pay attention to these vital factors before selecting your handheld vacuum for stairs and you will be happy with your selection for a long time to come.
Best Handheld Vacuum for Stairs, 2020 Buying Guide:
Why is a handheld vacuum cleaner the best option for stairs?
The main benefit of a handheld vacuum or stairs is that they are lightweight and can be easily used for cleaning the stairs, unlike the large canister vacuum cleaners that are heavy and cannot be moved easily on the stairs.
As most of these cleaners do not have a power cord and work on batteries they can be moved easily without the hassle of handling the cords while in operation and finding the power plug for it.
They are versatile, portable, easy to maneuver and can be used for cleaning even the edges fo the stairs. They are usually more affordable than full-size vacuum cleaners.
How to select your next handheld vacuum for stairs?
The handheld vacuum for stairs is available in different types and ranges and you need to consider the following before buying one for your home.
The design of the machine:
While a handheld can be used only for cleaning stairs, upholstery, auto detailing, etc, the other 2-in-1 models can be used in different ways and can work as a handheld vacuum as well as a full-size vacuum cleaner.
Decide based on your actual use you are going to give it to your vacuum.
As per the Dust bin type
There are many handheld vacua for stairs that come as bagged ones and also as the ones that are bagless models. The selection of the machine based on this depends on your ability to clean the dust bag often or want to go for the one that does not require frequent cleaning but make you spend money to get the filters and dust bags replaced often.
As per the Cleaning Power of the machine
Here the cleaning power is dependent on the size of the motor and its ability for higher airflow. So, the machines with higher cleaning power cost more and so you have to decide how much cleaning power you want and select the machine that will serve your purpose.
Type of filters you want:
The handheld vacuum for stairs come with a variety of filters like HEPA filters, microlayer filters, sponge filters, and multilayers filters. The cost of the machine will depend based on the type of filter and so decide on the type of filter you want and the nature of cleaning you require while selecting the vacuum cleaner.
Weight of the machine:
The handheld vacuum for stairs you want to buy must be light enough for easy carrying in your hand. This is a vital factor and unless you select the one with the right weight, you may not be able to use it as you want and it may drastically bring down the utility of the cleaner so pay more attention to this.
The modern-day handheld vacuum for stairs is available as those running on the mains supply as well as the ones that run on batteries. The later are very comfortable as they do not have power cords and are easy to carry anywhere during the cleaning operation. But they are a little more costly and run for a fixed period only and then you can use them only after recharging the batteries.
So, select your handheld vacuum for stairs depending on the source of power for the machines.