You’re definitely looking for something easier and more effective when you go for a clothes steamer instead of regular iron. I have heard many complaints regarding irons, them being difficult to carry around and use. You can’t expect to carry an iron around during your travels or anything. This should exactly be where you make that professional upgrade to the best garment steamer in town.
Quick Overview: Our Best Garment Steamer Choices
So here is our list of The 10 Best Garment Steamers.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly steamer that provides longer steaming times, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is an excellent choice. The small cons apart, this steamer seems to be a worthy choice for what you pay. PurSteam is so confident that it gives the product 5-Year warranty and money-back guarantee.
- Comes with a water-tank of 60 oz.
- Less than a minute to heat up the water.
- Once heated up, the steamer can provide 60 minutes of stable and smooth steam — without having to refill again.
- One of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market.
- In addition, the steam is so powerful that it can even kill germs.
So, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam would be a nice choice if you are planning to reduce your frequency of ironing. It sounds great, right?
- Comes with more than a bunch of accessories. Some people find it really annoying, especially during everyday usage.
- Also, despite the long duration of steam, there is a complaint about the less amount of steam.
Available at an affordable rate, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is one of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market. While there are no fancy features, it’s a powerful companion for keeping your garments wrinkle-free and tight.
#2 Jiffy J-2000
The list cannot be completed without including Jiffy’s garment steamers. Jiffy is well-known for producing some of the best steamers in the market. Similar to the first choice on the list, Jiffy J-2000 is also a multipurpose steamer.
- Offers a powerful 1300 watt of the heating system.
- The water reservoir can contain around ¾ gallon of water that lasts for 1.5 hours. Also has a no-spill check cap.
- Steam generation is ultra-fast and builds up in just a couple of minutes.
- The heating element is made up of solid brass.
- The outer surface of the steamer is made of LEXAN, which ensures the product’s durability.
- The function of automatic shutting-off for added safety.
- Temperature wiring is color coded.
- It is heavy duty equipment.
- There is the continuous and powerful emission of steam from the garment steamer.
- The metal head feels heavy if used for a longer period of time.
- Moreover, the metal screws attached to the wooden handle can cause burns.
- Also, the hose of the garment steamer should be a little longer for ensuring ease of use.
It is made of all brass couplings, which means the device is long-lasting and robust. It can be stored away easily. If the minor, negligible flaws are overlooked, J2000 would turn out to be one of the best steamers of 2018.
Rowenta IS6200 has an easy to transport roll feature. The unit is not as powerful as IS9200; however, it offers features that make it a great commercial as well as home operating steamer. The tilt of IS6200 is also suitcase-inspired.
- Comes with a 1500 watt of power.
- The steam generated with this water lasts for 60 minutes.
- Works great with all kinds of fabrics.
- Head of the steamer is large, which ensures faster removal of wrinkles and creases from the fabrics.
- The water reservoir is transparent and can hold up to 81 ounces of water.
- Comes with three accessories namely, one crease attachment for pants, one lint pad, and one fabric brush.
- The handle tends to get hot and so does the power cord.
- The hose of the steamer is short and it has been found to sputter water on the clothes.
The performance of the product is uncompromised and so is its quality. If caution is exercised with the handle and the power cord, this appliance could prove to be just the thing for you.
Best Handheld Garment Steamer Reviews
The ESTEAM 120 Volt handheld steamer is by far the most compact and stylishly designed fabric steamer in this list. The unit is designed to offer you service you can depend on for many years to come. Some of the other features that make this product stand out are the high impact housing and a quick one-time heat-up time.
The steamer is extremely lightweight, weighing in at just two pounds. This ensures that it is easy to carry around or to pack into a suitcase without worrying about your baggage allowance, and also makes it easy to hold and operate.
- There is an 8 oz. water tank, which prevents spitting of water.
- There is no feeling of dampness left after using it.
- With 600 watts of power, this handheld steamer prevents the need to lug out the ironing board.
- You can use tap water (no need to add salt).
- It delivers over 15 minutes of steaming per filling.
- There is an automatic safety shut-off feature for when it runs dry.
The Rowenta DR8080 X-Cel Steam Powerful Handheld garment and fabric steamer is a powerful yet lightweight steamer that comes from a brand name that is well known in the garment care industry.
It comprises a water tank that can accommodate up to 6 ounces of water. Along with this comes a water container that can easily be detached and is transparent so that you can check on the level of water inside it, once it is filled.
This model from Rowenta also comes with a lock function that allows you to shut the trigger to stop the flowing of the steam when necessary. The appliance is extremely handy that further comes with a lint pad, a fabric brush, and a steam bonnet. Its power cord is also pretty long enough (9.84 ft) for you to walk around the room while using it.
The steam does not take too much time to heat up, so it is prominently about 35-45 seconds. It is easy to use and you can carry it with you when you are traveling as well. And because the steam in it is so powerful and intense you can easily use it to dewrinkle more than your expected garments within 8-10 minutes.
Best Travel Steamer Reviews
This recommendation, URPOWER Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer, is the perfect choice for those who like the combination of portability and affordability. You can purchase this garment steamer by spending around $20. In case you’re wondering, it’s one of the best seller handheld garment steamers too.
- It may take 2-3 minutes for the steamer to heat up.
- The water tank capacity is 130 ML.
- Unique design, with a nozzle that has been placed well for wrinkle removal.
- Suitable for travel based needs.
- Provide continuous steaming for 10 minutes at maximum.
- Due to the design, you are not advised to tilt the device more than 45 Degrees.
- Also, despite the higher heating time, the amount of steaming time isn’t satisfactory for some.
Even when the problems like low-capacity water-tank and lower steaming time exist, URPOWER Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer is a great choice for the best handheld clothes steamer. Also, you’re spending very less to get awesome features, plus the 2-year warranty.
iSteam by Exagora is a portable steamer that is used to iron your clothes with great excellence and smoothness. Since it is a sturdy 4 in 1 steamer it takes the least amount of time for you to de-wrinkle your clothes irrespective of the fabric.
It comes in a nozzle design which is effective in evenly distributing the steam while it is being used. The design is pretty compact and the heat emitted from it is so fast that it can easily last for 10 minutes of consistent steaming. Its ergonomic design makes it ideal for carrying with while traveling and for easy storage.
The operation of this appliance is so powerful that you can easily shut it when you feel it has overheated and run of out water, and it also comes with an automatic shut feature for safety protection. If you thought it only did the task of freeing your clothes of wrinkles, but it also cleans and sterilizes your clothes.
You can adjust the appliance depending on the fabric you are wanting to de-wrinkle. So it is safe to say that this product from Exagora is safe for all kinds of fabric. The dimension of iSteam By Exagora Steamer is 8″x5.5″x3.2″ inches. It further comes with a warranty cover of 24 months.
Epica 800 watt garment steamer has a feature of adjusting itself to the fabric. It is lightweight and generates steam sooner than most other steamers in the market. It is the best handheld garment steamer of 2018 and that is why it is the first one on the list of best handheld steamers.
- The garment steamer offers a powerful 800-watt heating system.
- It comes with an easy fill water reservoir.
- This feature allows a continuous flow of steam from the steamer.
- This water reservoir can store 7 ounces of water.
- The water can be used as steam for full 23 minutes
- The device is best suited for traveling and is in fact, among the best travel steamers.
- Comes with an on and off switch for supervising control over the steam flow.
- The only flaw that could be found was that the water reservoir cannot be removed by filling. This feature can be found in most other handheld steamers.
The steamer comes with a couple of helpful attachments; one fabric brush and one lint remover, to be precise. The steamer is compact, lightweight and is ideal for tours and journeys. Although the water reservoir is smaller than most other steamers in the market, it provides a long steaming session.
This steamer is among the few that offer a dual heating system. The settings for this system can be adjusted according to the fabric. It is compact, powerful and convenient to use for getting expert results at home.
- The steam requires less than a minute to build up, which is 30% hotter and can last for a full 15 minutes.
- The product comes with 1200 watt of power, which is not easily found in handheld steamers.
- The steamer is heavy on drapes and carpets and light on delicate fabrics like silk.
- The dual heat settings are 305 ∞F for heavy fabrics and 200 ∞F for delicate ones.
- It also has an energy saving pause function.
- There are no instructions manual for using the attachments.
- It can leak when used in any position other than upright.
Conair Extreme Steam is easy to use and lightweight. It heats up in a few seconds and thus, is one of the best handheld garment steamers. It is easy to handle and comes with several accessories like one fabric brush, one soft cushion brush, and one creaser. Therefore, there are more reasons to buy this equipment than not buying.
It is among the smallest and most portable handheld garment steamers. This appliance can be used on both heavy and delicate fabrics. Because of its unique characteristics, it makes it easy for you to use it at home as well as while traveling.
- The water reservoir can hold 7 ounces of water and can produce steam that can last for a full 12 minutes.
- Comes with 800 watts of power. The steamer is more efficient with fabrics than iron and can be taken and used anywhere.
- The appliance may not work on heavy fabrics as finely as it would on delicate fabrics.
- It may sputter water and leak if not used in an upright position.
- Additionally, the steam does not last relatively longer.
It comes with three accessories; one lint remover, one fabric brush, and one rubber accessory housing. Since it is compact, it can be stored anywhere and carried even in a small bag. It is great for quick steam-pressing and ideal for households.
Garment Steamer Buying Guide
Before buying a garment steamer, make sure it satisfies all or most of your steaming needs. There are three things you must primarily consider; performance, accessories, and price.
An ideal steamer should be able to contain the decent amount of water. It should be able to convert the water into steam in no more than a couple of minutes. This steam should last for at least 15 minutes. The water in the best steamers can last for as long as 2.5 hours. The larger the reservoir, the less often you have to refill your appliance. Your steamer should also offer you certain ease of use according to your preferences.
Accessories make steaming more convenient for the user. The more the accessories, the less complicated the usage. Some of the essential accessories are pole hanger, interchangeable steam heads, clips and nozzles, and the like. Garment steamer provides plenty of accessories with the steamers for the users. They help to make the most of the steamer and acknowledge its resourcefulness.
It’s not necessary for a good steamer to be an expensive unit. It can be economical and energy-saving. According to your usage, set a price limit for yourself. The price of the steamer depends on the size and utility of the appliance. For instance, a commercial steamer will be expensive in comparison to a handheld steamer.
There are three things that determine the price of the steamer:
- The brand of the steamer.
- The performance of the steamer.
- The general features of the steamer.
Paying both more and less can make you regret your purchase; either monetarily or performance-wise. Study thoroughly about your product and its price and only then buy one.
What Types of Garment Steamer Are There?
Garment steamers come in different types of shapes, brands, and design but depending on their size and usage, garment or clothes steamer come in four specific types namely: premium fabric steamer, travel steamer, full-size garment steamer, and handheld garment steamer.
1. Standing/ full-size garment steamer
Standing garment steamers are the most common type of garment steamers that can be easily found in different size and budget depending on your requirements. It comes with a base that is to be placed on the floor, along with a long tube and a nozzle at the end of the appliance. It further comes with a big rod where you can suspend the garments so as to ensure that they get stretched out and makes the task of de-wrinkling the clothes an effortless procedure for you.
2. Handheld Steamer
A handheld garment steamer is the need of the hour for those who cannot afford to spend their time in ironing their clothes with hands and have a busy work life. It is different from an iron in the sense that they are faster and more convenient to use. They are also lightweight, unlike an iron that is small in size but quite heavy. Furthermore, a handheld garment steamer does not even require a lot of space in your home. The base of a handheld garment steamer has water in it and a motor that helps to heat the water in the base and then convert it to steam.
3. Travel Steamer
If you are the kind who is always traveling for work purpose and require their clothes to be creaseless and free of annoying wrinkles then a travel garment steamer is the right choice for you. They are tiny and lightweight and you can carry it with you wherever you go. A travel garment steamer is essential for a lot of many business travelers around the globe, and can also be a great alternative for you if you dislike ironing at home. If you have a travel garment steamer, you can easily fit it in your suitcase and be able to keep your clothes wrinkle-free and fresh right before your important meetings.
Replacing your iron is not the end of this article. The idea is to purchase the best garment steamer that can help you get rid of from the task of ironing so often. Depending on your budget and convenience of design, you would be able to make the right choice here. Speaking from our experience, your investment in performance and safety features will never go in vain, either. We hope you find our garment steamer reviews useful!.