You’re definitely looking for something easier and more effective when you go for a clothes steamer instead of regular iron. We have heard many complaints regarding irons, them being difficult to carry around and use. You can’t expect to carry an iron around during your travels or anything. This should exactly be where you make that professional upgrade to the best garment steamer in town.
What is the Best Garment Steamer for 2018?
We update our pages regularly so you’re always viewing the freshest information and latest product selections. If you’re in a hurry and want to cut right to the chase, you can dive into our reviews of the best garment steamer or start shopping right away.
The Best Clothes Steamers on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers
Best Standing Garment Steamer Reviews
Available at an affordable rate, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is one of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market. While there are no fancy features, it’s a powerful companion for keeping your garments wrinkle-free and tight.
- Comes with a water-tank of 60 oz.
- Less than a minute to heat up the water.
- Once heated up, the steamer can provide 60 minutes of stable and smooth steam — without having to refill again.
- One of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market.
- In addition, the steam is so powerful that it can even kill germs.
So, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam would be a nice choice if you are planning to reduce your frequency of ironing. It sounds great, right?
- Comes with more than a bunch of accessories. Some people find it really annoying, especially during everyday usage.
- Also, despite the long duration of steam, there is a complaint about the less amount of steam.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly steamer that provides longer steaming times, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is an excellent choice. The small cons apart, this steamer seems to be a worthy choice for what you pay. PurSteam is so confident that it gives the product 5-Year warranty and money-back guarantee.
The list cannot be completed without including Jiffy’s garment steamers. Jiffy is well-known for producing some of the best steamers in the market. Similar to the first choice on the list, Jiffy J-2000 is also a multipurpose steamer. It is durable and undoubtedly one of the best garment steamers of 2018.
- Offers a powerful 1300 watt of the heating system.
- The water reservoir can contain around ¾ gallon of water that lasts for 1.5 hours. Also has a no-spill check cap.
- Steam generation is ultra-fast and builds up in just a couple of minutes.
- The heating element is made up of solid brass.
- The outer surface of the steamer is made of LEXAN, which ensures the product’s durability.
- The function of automatic shutting-off for added safety.
- Temperature wiring is color coded.
- It is heavy duty equipment.
- There is the continuous and powerful emission of steam from the garment steamer.
- The metal head feels heavy if used for a longer period of time.
- Moreover, the metal screws attached to the wooden handle can cause burns.
- Also, the hose of the garment steamer should be a little longer for ensuring ease of use.
It is made of all brass couplings, which means the device is long-lasting and robust. It can be stored away easily. If the minor, negligible flaws are overlooked, J2000 would turn out to be one of the best garment steamers of 2018.
Rowenta IS6200 has an easy to transport roll feature. The unit is not as powerful as IS9200; however, it offers features that make it a great commercial as well as home operating steamer. The tilt of IS6200 is also suitcase-inspired.
- Comes with a 1500 watt of power.
- The steam generated with this water lasts for 60 minutes.
- Works great with all kinds of fabrics.
- Head of the steamer is large, which ensures faster removal of wrinkles and creases from the fabrics.
- The water reservoir is transparent and can hold up to 81 ounces of water.
- Comes with three accessories namely, one crease attachment for pants, one lint pad, and one fabric brush.
- The handle tends to get hot and so does the power cord.
- The hose of the steamer is short and it has been found to sputter water on the clothes.
The performance of the product is uncompromised and so is its quality. If caution is exercised with the handle and the power cord, this appliance could prove to be just the thing for you.
Singer SteamWorks can carry out more than the usual steaming tasks. It is one of the cheapest commercial garment steamers that is perfect for commercial as well as home use. It can perform optimally with all kinds of fabrics and is intended for light as well as heavy-duty work.
- Requires about 45 seconds for the steam build-up.
- Provide steam for full 90 minutes.
- 1500 watt power supply for high production of steam.
- The power supply can be adjusted for different types of fabrics.
- The easy-fill, large, removable water reservoir can hold 2.5 liters of water.
- To reduce the risks of burns, the hose of the garment steamer is covered with fabric.
- Reduces risks by automatically shutting off, if the appliance is left unattended.
- Comes with a limited warranty of 2 years.
- The hose of the garment steamer is too short so it cannot reach everywhere.
- It does not come with a drapery hose.
- n addition, it has been found that the flow of the steam is not consistent.
- The head of steam is small and its handle tends to get hot.
The appliance comes with a number of accessories that make the steaming sessions less complicated. Although the steam handle gets hot, included in the accessories is a pair of protective gloves that prevent injuries. The device is easy to use and is quite durable. Moreover, it does not go heavy in the pocket thus; this model is featured in the list of best clothes steamer of 2018.
Best Handheld Garment Steamer Reviews
The ESTEAM 120 Volt handheld steamer is by far the most compact and stylishly designed fabric steamer in this list. The unit is designed to offer you with a service you can depend on for many years to come. Some of the other features that make this product stand out are the high impact housing and a quick one-time heat-up time. The steamer is extremely lightweight, weighing in at just two pounds. This ensures that it is easy to carry around or to pack into a suitcase without worrying about your baggage allowance, and also makes it easy to hold and operate.
- It steams well
- It is lightweight
- There is an 8 oz. water tank, which prevents spitting of water.
- There is no feeling of dampness left after using it.
- With 600 watts of power, this handheld steamer prevents the need to lug out the ironing board.
- You can use tap water (no need to add salt).
- It delivers over 15 minutes of steaming per filling.
- There is an automatic safety shut-off feature for when it runs dry.
Best Travel Steamer Reviews
This recommendation, URPOWER Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer, is the perfect choice for those who like the combination of portability and affordability. You can purchase this garment steamer by spending around $20. In case you’re wondering, it’s one of the best seller handheld garment steamers too.
- It may take 2-3 minutes for the steamer to heat up.
- The water tank capacity is 130 ML.
- Unique design, with a nozzle that has been placed well for wrinkle removal.
- Suitable for travel based needs.
- Provide continuous steaming for 10 minutes at maximum.
- Due to the design, you are not advised to tilt the device more than 45 Degrees.
- Also, the despite the higher heating time, the amount of steaming time isn’t satisfactory for some.
Even when the problems like low-capacity water-tank and lower steaming time exist, URPOWER Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer is a great choice for the best handheld clothes steamer. Also, you’re spending very less to get awesome features, plus the 2-year warranty.
Epica 800 watt garment steamer has a feature of adjusting itself to the fabric. It is lightweight and generates steam sooner than most other steamers in the market. It is the best handheld garment steamer of 2018 and that is why it is the first one on the list of best handheld steamers.
- The garment steamer offers a powerful 800-watt heating system.
- It comes with an easy fill water reservoir.
- This feature allows continuous flow of steam from the steamer.
- This water reservoir can store 7 ounces of water.
- The water can be used as steam for full 23 minutes
- The device is best suited for traveling and is in fact, among the best travel steamers.
- Comes with an on and off switch for supervising control over the steam flow.
- The only flaw that could be found was that the water reservoir can not be removed by filling. This feature can be found in most other handheld steamers.
The steamer comes with a couple of helpful attachments; one fabric brush and one lint remover, to be precise. The steamer is compact, lightweight and is ideal for tours and journeys. Although the water reservoir is smaller than most other steamers in the market, it provides a long steaming session.
This steamer is among the few that offer dual heating system. The settings for this system can be adjusted according to the fabric. It is compact, powerful and convenient to use for getting expert results at home.
- The steam requires less than a minute to build up, which is 30% hotter and can last for full 15 minutes.
- The product comes with 1200 watt of power, which is not easily found in handheld steamers.
- The steamer is heavy on drapes and carpets and light on delicate fabrics like silk.
- The dual heat settings are 305 ∞F for heavy fabrics and 200 ∞F for delicate ones.
- It also has an energy saving pause function.
- There are no instructions manual for using the attachments.
- It can leak when used in any position other than upright.
Conair Extreme Steam is easy to use and lightweight. It heats up in a few seconds and thus, is one of the best handheld garment steamers. It is easy to handle and comes with several accessories like one fabric brush, one soft cushion brush, and one creaser. Therefore, there are more reasons to buy this equipment than not buying.
Ultra mini is an awesome travel comrade that is compact and works with all kinds of fabrics equally well. Powerful steam flow is emitted from the appliance for better results.
- Works on tap water.
- The steam builds up in only a few seconds and is a faster than ironing.
- The easy-to-fill water reservoir can hold 5 ounces of water that gives a long steaming session.
- The handheld offers 850 watts of power and consistent steam flow.
- The product comes with 5 steam heads that are interchangeable with every garment.
- The product is lightweight and sleek.
- The appliance should be held only vertically to avoid leakage.
- It does not feature an auto shut-off feature so must be manually turned off to avoid overheating of the plastic.
There is no doubt that this steamer is one of the best clothes steamers of 2018. The compact design allows easy maneuver. The accessories that the product comes with such as the 5 interchangeable steam heads and one plastic drawstring travel bag simplify your steaming sessions.
It is among the smallest and most portable handheld garment steamers. This appliance can be used on both heavy and delicate fabrics. Because of its unique characteristics, it makes it easy for you to use it at home as well as while traveling.
- The water reservoir can hold 7 ounces of water and can produce steam that can last for full 12 minutes.
- Comes with 800 watts of power. The steamer is more efficient with fabrics than iron and can be taken and used anywhere.
- The appliance may not work on heavy fabrics as finely as it would on delicate fabrics.
- It may sputter water and leak if not used in an upright position.
- Additionally, the steam does not last relatively longer.
It comes with three accessories; one lint remover, one fabric brush and one rubber accessory housing. Since it is compact, it can be stored anywhere and carried even in a small bag. It is great for quick steam-pressing and ideal for households.
Garment Steamer Comparison Chart
How to Choose the Best Garment Steamer?
Before buying a garment steamer, make sure it satisfies all or most of your steaming needs. There are three things you must primarily consider; performance, accessories, and price.
An ideal steamer should be able to contain the decent amount of water. It should be able to convert the water into steam in no more than a couple of minutes. This steam should last for at least 15 minutes. The water in the best steamers can last for as long as 2.5 hours. The larger the reservoir, the less often you have to refill your appliance. Your steamer should also offer you certain ease of use according to your preferences.
Accessories make steaming more convenient for the user. The more the accessories, the less complicated the usage. Some of the essential accessories are pole hanger, interchangeable steam heads, clips and nozzles, and the like. The best garment steamer provides plenty of accessories with the steamers for the users. They help to make the most of the steamer and acknowledge its resourcefulness.
It’s not necessary for a good steamer to be an expensive unit. It can be economical and energy-saving. According to your usage, set a price limit for yourself. The price of the steamer depends on the size and utility of the appliance. For instance, a commercial steamer will be expensive in comparison to a handheld steamer.
There are three things that determine the price of the steamer:
- The brand of the steamer.
- The performance of the steamer.
- The general features of the steamer.
Paying both more and less can make you regret your purchase; either monetarily or performance-wise. Study thoroughly about your product and its price and only then buy one.
Still confused about best clothes steamer? Watch this –
Replacing your iron is not the end of this article. The idea is to purchase the best garment steamer that can help you get rid of from the task of ironing so often. Depending on your budget and convenience of design, you would be able to make the right choice here. Speaking from our experience, your investment on performance and safety features will never go in vain, either. We hope you find our clothes steamer reviews useful!.
Best Garment Steamer
Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam
Singer SteamWorks Pro 1500 Watts Garment and Fabric Steamer
Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet Full Size Garment Steamer
Jiffy J-2000I Mid-size Multipurpose Garment Steamer
Steamfast SF-623BK Mid-size Fabric Steam Press
URPOWER Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer
Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
Conair GS23 Extreme Steam Handheld Fabric Steamer with Dual Heat
Ultra Mini Travel Fabric Steamer
Steamfast SF-435 Compact Fabric Steamer
These best garment steamer reviews show that today’s steamer models are faster than irons and produce a smoother result.
Here you can find compact models that travel well and you don’t have to carry an ironing board with you or worry if the hotel has an ironing board in the room. You can even get rid of the big storage hogging ironing board at home with a full-sized garment steamer.
We update our pages regularly so you’re always viewing the freshest information and latest product selections.